Sac Music Seen 2018
Welcome to the Sac Music Seen, an original program for the Sacramento Film and Music Festival that pairs local filmmakers and musicians to make music videos. Bands submit their music and filmmakers provide the images, and in the past 15 years the festival has showcased over 200 audiovisual collaborations.
1. Bands and musicians submit their original music tracks.
2. The Sacramento Film and Music Festival will hold a listening party where all music submissions are sampled for local filmmakers.
3. Filmmakers rate music based on their interest in working with the music artist.
4. The Sacramento Film and Music Festival pairs musical acts with filmmakers based on review forms (not all music submissions will be selected).
5. Video production begins
If you are interested in submitting music for the 2018 Sac Music Seen please fill out the form below and then send a link or a download to your music tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filmmaking Team Lead
If you are interested in becoming a filmmaker for the 2018 Sac Music Seen then please fill out the form below.
- Stereoshock – Chasing Dusk - Dir. Ryan Duran (4:25)
- Sunmonks - Cannibal Wit – Dir. Alexandra Steele and Geoffrey CK (5:06)
- Mr. Jesse Burns – The Hunger - Dir. Charlee Cook (5:18)
- The Nickel Slots - Old Guitar – Dir. Jason Knight (4:25)
- Separate Spines - Eminent One - Dir. Jalal Haddad (3:30)
- The Nickel Slots - Shot and a Beer for Christmas - Dir. Jason Knight (3:09)
- Red Sky Sunrise – Light It Up – dir. Emmanuel Enaigbe (4:35)
- Katie Knipp – Parade of Pain – Dir. Robert Yoshino (6:12)
- Madeline Kenney - Rita - Dir. Adam David Murphy (2:55)
- Pregnant - Dead Dog Head - Dir. Adam David Murphy (4:56)
- Jasper James – This House – Dir. Justin Buettner (3:08)
- Be Brave Bold Robot – Bouncy Balls - Dir. Matt Brown & Dean Haakenson (3:10)
- White Knuckle Riot - Kill Your TV - Dir. Anthony Felty (4:33)
- Ficy - Nowheresville - Dir. Cian Ward (2:25)
- Be Brave Bold Robot – Sugar Shack Snake Shop Snapshot – Director – Chuck Johnson (6:08)
- Animals in the Attic – Half Asleep Surf - Director – Lucas Dudley (4:09)
- Animals in the Attic – Underwater – Director – Lucas Dudley (3:48)
- The BlackEyed Dempseys – Sail Away to Amerika – Director – Trey Hamilton (4:37)
- Jay Jai - It is What it is - Director - Arty Flored (5:03)
- Rachel Wagner - To You - Director - Rachel Wagner (4:18)
- Be Brave Bold Robot - the 99% - Director - Sarah Wissenbach (0:58)
- The Pikeys - Banshees Torment - Director - Matt Baker (5:30) SMS*
- Diversity of O.N.E. - One Last Time - Director - Alan Cuevas (4:12) SMS*
- The Bitter Elegance - Paper Airplane - Director - Gregory Parrish (4:30) SMS*
- The Bottom Feeders - Salty Song - Director - Pedro Diaz SMS*
- Graveshadow - Lycan Lust - Worst Nightmare Producers (5:30) SMS*
- Well Dressed Mannequins - Sleep - Director - Jacob Shantz (3:34) SMS*
- sEt tHoery - IDK - Director - Amir Haeri (4:33) SMS*
- M2 & The People - Director - Steven Tyler SMS*
- Ghostplay - Science - Director - Heather LaVergne (5:13) SMS*
2015 Sac Music Seen
- The Pinder Brothers - Last Days of Summer - Dir. Dave Ridgway (4:04)
- Crosses - This is the Trick – Dir. David Maritch (3:01)
- The Vintage Vandals – El Basterdo – Dir. Jason Knight (3:20)
- URD-OM – Dir. Mike Bustillos (3:07)
- Savant – Kali 47 – Dir. Mike Diva (2:59)
- Fallrise – Make You Suffer – Dir. Matt Thomas (3:45)
- Kepi Ghoulie – The Beast with 5 Hands - Dir. Tim Gere (2:12)
- Limbo – Warm Winter – Dir. Samantha Baker (3:05)
- The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - The Ballad of Joe Buck - Dir. Andrew Hooper (1:42)
- Outernational - Where Will You Go - Dir. Jag Sandhu (5:06)
- White Knuckle Riot - Dir. Anthony Felty (6:11)
- The Pikeys - Pissed Again - Dir. Matt Baker (2:00)
- Race to the Bottom - Fateful Day - Dir. Robert Yoshino (6:28)
- Kimberlina - It's a Wonderful Lie - Dir. Greg Parrish (4:02)
- Bellygunner - Medicine - Dir. Steven Tyler (3:40)
- Delta Breeze - Performed by Lewis Hill and Deane Ogden - Song by Mamie Jean Calvert (1:59)
- Dog Party - Peanut Butter Dream - Dir. Andrew Hooper (2:00)
- All About Rockets - Monday Mourning - Dir. Jason R. Clark (5:19)
- Good Ol' Boyz - The Train Robbery - Dir. Jae Synth (4:21)
Musicians can have TWO chances for valuable exposure from the Sac Film & Music Festival experience!
Submitted music tracks will be provided to participating filmmakers, who will select their favorites and create a video using them as inspiration. If your music is not selected for this program, it will be provided to participants of the festival's 10x10 Film Challenge for possible scoring purposes. The 10x10 Film Challenge is a competition where filmmakers are given 10 days to complete a 10-minute film.
If you have any questions or you are interesting in putting together a video production team contact:
The Sacramento Film and Music Festival does not offer any financial support of the video projects.
Sac Music Seen 2017
Sac Music Seen 2015
We showed this video out of competition during our 2015 presentation. This video was made but an alumni of our Sac Music Seen program, director Mike Diva.