Sac Music Seen 2017
Welcome to the Sac Music Seen, an original program for the Sacramento Film and Music Festival that pairs local filmmakers and musicians to make music videos. Bands submit their music and filmmakers provide the images, and in the past 11 years the festival has showcased over 200 audiovisual collaborations.
1. Bands and musicians submit their original music tracks.
2. The Sacramento Film and Music Festival will hold a listening party where all music submissions are sampled for local filmmakers.
3. Filmmakers rate music based on their interest in working with the music artist.
4. The Sacramento Film and Music Festival pairs musical acts with filmmakers based on review forms (not all music submissions will be selected).
5. Video production begins
Become a SMS Filmmaker
Do you want to show off your production skills? Become a Sac Music Seen filmmaker and follow in the shoes of filmmakers like Mike Diva and Ryan Todd. Register in the link below.
If you are interested in still submitting music to the 2017 SMS please follow the form below and the film festival will reach out to you.
Deadline to Submit Music has passed
- Be Brave Bold Robot – Sugar Shack Snake Shop Snapshot – Director – Chuck Johnson (6:08)
- Animals in the Attic – Half Asleep Surf - Director – Lucas Dudley (4:09)
- Animals in the Attic – Underwater – Director – Lucas Dudley (3:48)
- The BlackEyed Dempseys – Sail Away to Amerika – Director – Trey Hamilton (4:37)
- Jay Jai - It is What it is - Director - Arty Flored (5:03)
- Rachel Wagner - To You - Director - Rachel Wagner (4:18)
- Be Brave Bold Robot - the 99% - Director - Sarah Wissenbach (0:58)
- The Pikeys - Banshees Torment - Director - Matt Baker (5:30) SMS*
- Diversity of O.N.E. - One Last Time - Director - Alan Cuevas (4:12) SMS*
- The Bitter Elegance - Paper Airplane - Director - Gregory Parrish (4:30) SMS*
- The Bottom Feeders - Salty Song - Director - Pedro Diaz SMS*
- Graveshadow - Lycan Lust - Worst Nightmare Producers (5:30) SMS*
- Well Dressed Mannequins - Sleep - Director - Jacob Shantz (3:34) SMS*
- sEt tHoery - IDK - Director - Amir Haeri (4:33) SMS*
- M2 & The People - Director - Steven Tyler SMS*
- Ghostplay - Science - Director - Heather LaVergne (5:13) SMS*
Here is a the videos that were included as part of the 2015 Sac Music Seen:
- The Pinder Brothers - Last Days of Summer - Dir. Dave Ridgway (4:04)
- Crosses - This is the Trick – Dir. David Maritch (3:01)
- The Vintage Vandals – El Basterdo – Dir. Jason Knight (3:20)
- URD-OM – Dir. Mike Bustillos (3:07)
- Savant – Kali 47 – Dir. Mike Diva (2:59)
- Fallrise – Make You Suffer – Dir. Matt Thomas (3:45)
- Kepi Ghoulie – The Beast with 5 Hands - Dir. Tim Gere (2:12)
- Limbo – Warm Winter – Dir. Samantha Baker (3:05)
- The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - The Ballad of Joe Buck - Dir. Andrew Hooper (1:42)
- Outernational - Where Will You Go - Dir. Jag Sandhu (5:06)
- White Knuckle Riot - Dir. Anthony Felty (6:11)
- The Pikeys - Pissed Again - Dir. Matt Baker (2:00)
- Race to the Bottom - Fateful Day - Dir. Robert Yoshino (6:28)
- Kimberlina - It's a Wonderful Lie - Dir. Greg Parrish (4:02)
- Bellygunner - Medicine - Dir. Steven Tyler (3:40)
- Delta Breeze - Performed by Lewis Hill and Deane Ogden - Song by Mamie Jean Calvert (1:59)
- Dog Party - Peanut Butter Dream - Dir. Andrew Hooper (2:00)
- All About Rockets - Monday Mourning - Dir. Jason R. Clark (5:19)
- Good Ol' Boyz - The Train Robbery - Dir. Jae Synth (4:21)
Here are a list of winners from 2016
Best "In Program" Music Video: Race to the Bottom - Fateful Day - Dir. Robert Yoshino
Best "Out of Program" Music Video: The Vintage Vandals – El Basterdo – Dir. Jason Knight
Best Music Video: The Vintage Vandals – El Basterdo – Dir. Jason Knight
Best "In Program" Music Video: Kimberlina - It's a Wonderful Lie - Dir. Greg Parrish
Best "Out of Program" Music Video: Crosses - This is a Trick – Dir. David Maritch
Best Music Video: Crosses - This is a Trick – Dir. David Maritch
Directors Choice: The Pikeys - Pissed Again - Dir. Matt Baker
Here is a list of the music videos from 2014
- Christine Rosander – Been a Long Time – Dir. Sketch and Ruby Sketchley
- Lyrical Genius (LG)/Choices280 - One More - Dir. Demaris Learson
- The Rubinos - This Place is on Fire - Dir. Ian Wynton
- The Nickel Slots - On The Wall - Dir. Jason Knight
- Tim Morse – Afterword – Dir. Sketch and Ruby Sketchley
- Sherman Baker – Ducks in a Row – Dir. Jim Bailey
- Me vs. You – Lost at Sea (feat. Shane Gould) – Dir. Tyler Adams
- Pets – Evil Smile – Dir. Andrew Hooper
- Dog Party – Los Angles – Dir. Andrew Hooper
- Dog Party – Alright – Dir. Andrew Hooper
- Captain Amazing and the Okay I Guesses – Failure to Pretend (Dir. Tyler Adams)
- Optimiztiq – Inner Demons – Dir. Morgen Earle
- Rae Wright - Hyrule Fantasy - Dir. Jason Knight
- David James - What If - Dir. Steven Tyler
Musicians can have TWO chances for valuable exposure from the Sac Film & Music Festival experience!
Submitted music tracks will be provided to participating filmmakers, who will select their favorites and create a video using them as inspiration. If your music is not selected for this program, it will be provided to participants of the festival's 10x10 Film Challenge for possible scoring purposes. The 10x10 Film Challenge is a competition where filmmakers are given 10 days to complete a 10-minute film.
If you have any questions or you are interesting in putting together a video production team contact:
The Sacramento Film and Music Festival does not offer any financial support of the video projects.
Sac Music Seen Videos from the 2015 year
The Pikeys - Pissed Again
Bellygunner - Medicine
The Vintage Vandals - El Basterdo
Race to the Bottom - Fateful Day
All About Rockets - Monday Morning
We showed this video out of competition during our 2015 presentation. This video was made but an alumni of our Sac Music Seen program, director Mike Diva.